Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly Craft
We know that caterpillars change into butterflies. But this butterfly started out as an empty toilet paper roll. Who knew? This is a great craft choice to teach preschoolers about reusing and recycling items.
- Kraftykid butterfly toilet paper roll template
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Construction paper
- Chenille stems
- Google eyes
- Markers, paint or crayons
- Glue or tape
1. Print the Kraftykid butterfly toilet paper roll template.
2. Cut out all pieces.
3. Glue a piece of construction paper to the empty toilet paper roll.
4. Glue the wings to the back of the toilet paper roll.
5. Cut the chenille stem into 2 pieces and glue or tape to the inside of the roll. Wrap the chenille stem around a pencil to give it a spiral look.
6. Glue googley eyes to the front of the caterpillar’s face.
7. Draw face as desired.