Handprint Plate Craft
Personal Handmade Plates Make Great Keepsake Gifts!
Now you can bring your pottery painting store to your very own home at a fraction of the price!
- Pebeo 150 Porcelaine paints (colors, blue, red, yellow, green)
- Pebeo Porcelaine 150 blue pen
- Plain plate
- Paint brushes
- Cup of water (for rinsing)
- Paper towels (for blotting)
- Cover your work surface with newspaper.
- Wash your plate to ensure no particles on plate.
- Paint hand with Porcelaine paints and place on plate. IMMEDIATELY WASH HANDS.
- Using the tip of your finger make 2 dots in blue for the marching ants, and 1 dot in red for the lady bug. Repeat as desired, and wash hands.
- Using your blue pen, write your favorite verse on the plate. We used Mark 10:14-16.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours.
- Bake the finished mug in the oven at 300F for 35 minutes.
- The paint will be resistant to washing, but it is not recommended for products that serve food.
©2007 Fun and Easy Crafts, LLC. Fun craft of the month clubs at www.KraftyKid.com.
Permission granted to reproduce this for classroom and personal use only.