Color Wheel Craft Project
Color Wheel Project Teaches Kids How to Mix Colors – Color wheels show us how colors are related. They remind artists how to mix and think about colors. Make your own color wheel with just a few supplies and our wheel template.
* Kraftykid Color Wheel template
* 3 pieces of cellophane paper: red, blue, and yellow
* White glue
* Hole punch
* Paper fastener
1. Print out the Kraftykid Color Wheel template on cardstock.
2. Cut out each piece, making sure to cut out the center.
3. Cut the cellophane windows just smaller than the outside of your frame, but larger than the inside measurement.
4. Sandwich a colored piece of cellophane between two pieces of cut out cardstock. Glue together to make a window. Repeat until all three windows are made.
5. When they are dry, stack on top of each other and punch a hole in the center of the narrow end and fasten together with a paper fastener.
Put the different colors on top of each other and hold towards the sun. See how two colors combined makes a new color. Now try it with paint and markers.