This shark craft is sure to be a pleaser for the kids. What’s really interesting about this craft is that by cutting out a triangle for the mouth you get to reuse it for the fin! What a fun way to teach shapes to the kids. Triangle teeth and a triangle fin on the body. Maybe we should rename it the triangle fish, what do you think?
• Kraftykid’s free, downloadable Shark template
• White envelope (business or legal size)
• Gray and black oil pastels
1. Print the Kraftykid’s free, downloadable Shark template.
2. Cut the shark pieces (teeth, and small fin).
3. Color the envelope with gray pastel or crayon. Hint: If you can find gray legal envelopes you can have the kids skip this step.
4. Cut a triangle from one of the short edges to make the mouth.
5. Tape the triangle to the top as the fin.
6. Glue the teeth inside of the shark’s mouth.
7. Glue the small fin to the side of the shark.
8. Use the black pastel to draw an eye, eyebrow, and details for the fin.
9. Trim off the edge of the envelope opposite of the mouth, making an opening for your hand.
10. Put your hand in the puppet to make your shark move (watch your fingers of course. It is a shark after all ).
Everyone’s A Winner with this 4H Craft Idea!
These easy to make puppets from paper bags can be used to introduce the fowl family to your preschoolers: goose, hen, and rooster. Let the children color them in and then apply to a paper bag so they can practice their animal sounds.
And because, they have created such perfect works of art, allow them to attach a 4H first place winner on their puppets’ necks.
Make Mr. Potato Puppet from a Paper Bag
All the kids love Mr. Potato Head and here is a great way for preschoolers to make a puppet and decorate it with different facial features to really ‘Express’ how they feel.
What a Hoot of a Kid’s Craft
What is it about owls, that kids love so much? It might be their big, wide eyes. Whatever the reason, this little craft is a hoot to make and simple too!
These are one of the easiest types of puppets to make right from a paper bag. Use our leprechaun paper bag craft template and just have your child cut, color, and paste. Then watch her have hours of fun with her new puppet. Maybe she’ll even learn how to use an Irish brogue.
Make a shamrock candy, gift, or craft container from a paper bag and our free, downloadable Kraftykid shamrock treat holder template. This craft is perfect to hold special items for your children’s St. Patrick’s Day party at home or at school. It’s so easy to do and the kids love ‘em.
Here is an easy kids craft – a simple, fun and easy to make gingerbread man air freshener. You can use it to hang in your car, bathroom, or on the tree. We used a sugar cookie scent, yummmm….