August celebrates National Toasted Marshmallow Day and this craft is a great choice to celebrate the day. This craft is a take on Mr. Potato Head, but is Mr. Marshmallow Head and oh so much more yummy! Kraftykid’s template has hats, scarf, and eye accessories to dress your marshmallow in style. Just have children draw a face of their choice for added fun. The only white mess they’ll have on their fingers, will be some glue. Marshmallows without the sugar rush!
Here’s one for bear and pirate lovers! Simply cut out the pieces from the Kraftykid Bear Pirate template and cut out the clothes dress with the bear to look like a pirate. Think of it as paper dolls with attitude! Why not finish up with a pirate party where all your kids bring in their favorite stuffed animal and decorate them as a pirate with eye patches and bandannas?
Did you know that July 1st is Build a Scarecrow Day? We know it’s not Fall, but it is Build a Scarecrow Day, so let’s be silly and get our seasons mixed up and build a scarecrow in summer. We have a little pattern to make the clothes for your scarecrow too, to make it easy for your kids. Just print, color, and glue onto a craft stick. Have children draw a silly face.
- Craft stick
- Raffia, if desired
- Markers (for face)
- Print the Kraftykid Build a Scarecrow Clothes template
- Cut out clothes and have children color with their crayons.
- Glue to the front of the craft stick.
- Draw a face with the markers.
- Glue raffia to the scarecrow if desired.
- Write their name in black permanent marker and don’t forget to add the date!
Here’s a patriotic craft to make for National Freedom Day. This easy to make puppet from an empty toilet paper roll will let children create people puppets for the Navy and Army. It’s a great craft to celebrate our National Holidays. Instead of drawing a face, use a photo of your favorite person serving in the Navy or Army.
- Kraftykid patriotic people puppet template
- Crayons or Markers
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Print the Kraftykid patriotic people puppet template.
- Cut out the pieces.
- Glue the band to the toilet paper roll.
- Draw a face on the army or navy doll.
- Glue to the front of the toilet paper roll.