Here is a fun craft for little ones to learn how things are made. Once they make their own chalk have them put them into a small empty juice box that they can also decorate. Kids are so amazed when they make their own craft supplies. They are so used to seeing them in the stores but it’s fun to teach them how they are made too!
Browsing "Make Your Own Recipes"
Sometimes it’s the simple things that turn out to be the best and this art project fits the bill. Swirl paints look like magic when you make them and are sure to amaze your kids. Try framing them or mounting them on a black background to make them really ‘pop” or create a set of unique notecards. We got a little carried away and even tye dyed a shirt. So much fun!
- White paper
- Black tempera paint
- Dish detergent
- Pencil or blunt instrument for drawing
- Color white paper with crayons making sure the entire page is covered. Tip: Draw a square on the center of the paper and then cut it out when finished. This is an easy way to make sure that the edges are colored.
- Mix black tempera paint with dish detergent to a ratio of 1/4 cup black tempera paint to about 1/2 tsp of regular dish detergent and apply over the drawing.
- Allow to dry.
- Scratch a design with a pencil or other blunt instrument.
Fat Paint Recipe
If your children like painting – they’ll love to learn how to make their own fat paint. What’s fat paint, you ask? It’s a mix between puff paint and 3D paint. It comes out as a thick, three dimensional paint and I’m sure you’ll think of lots of uses for it.
Toddler Craft Recipe
Children love the feeling of squishy things in their hands and here’s a great craft recipe to create your own squishy craft medium for toddlers to play with. Keeping it in a sealed plastic baggie keeps the mess at an all time minimum.
Homemade Play Dough
- cup of salt
- cup of flour
- cup of water
- drops food coloring (optional)
Makeover for Crayons
Here’s a fun project to reuse and recycle old bits of broken crayons. It’s a good way to demonstrate to your child how recycling works.
Make Your Own Slime
It’s easy to make your own art medium for arts and crafts projects with easy to follow recipes. Here’s one for slime for some really gross fun!